Traditional lawn care practices are surprisingly harmful for both your health and the environment.
- Gas mowers represent 5% of U.S. Air Pollution, according to the EPA.
- According to the EPA, one gas mower spews 88 lbs. of the greenhouse gas CO2, and 34 lbs. of other pollutants into the air every year.
- Over 17 million gallons of gas are spilled each year refueling lawn and garden equipment – more oil than was spilled by the Exxon Valdez.
- Americans burn 800 million gallons of gas each year trimming their grassy yards, according to the EPA.
- One gas mower running for an hour emits the same amount of pollutants as eight new cars driving 55 mph for the same amount of time, according to the Union of Concerned Scientists.
For these reasons and more, Good Green Neighbors uses eco-friendly alternatives to keep your outdoor space healthy for your pets, your family, and your neighborhood.